You care about your hands and love to show off perfect nails on every occasion, but don’t want to spend too much money on a professional manicure? Follow our advice: you will find out everything there is to know about nail care!
Nail care at home – professional nail supplies
To start nail care at home and perform your own DIY manicure you need to get the professional nail supplies! Just as the following:
- Nail file
- Orange wood sticks for cuticles
- A basin to be used only for manicures
- Nail polish remover
- Protective base
- Nail polish in your favorite color
- Top Coat
- Cuticle oil
Step 1: After carefully removing any residual nail polish using an acetone-free solvent, immerse your hands in a bowl full of water for about 5 minutes to soften the cuticles. If you want to make your DIY nail care even more special, put a couple of drops of lavender or sweet almond essential oil.
Step 2: Dry your hands well and proceed by pushing the cuticles back, using an orange wood stick. Never cut them! Cuticles are important for nail health.
Step 3: Now all that remains is to proceed with the filing! Remember that it is important to give the right shape to the nails according to the type of our hands! If your fingers are a bit stubby or short, it is better to opt for a rounded shape. On the other hand, if you have long hands and nails that grow smoothly, you can safely choose a square outline.
Step 4: Make sure your nails are dry and proceed to apply the polish as follows:
- Apply the protective, strengthening or whitening base and wait for it to dry
- Apply a first coat of color, taking care not to smudge the cuticles
- Apply a second coat of nail polish, only if you think it’s necessary
- Apply the top coat when the previously applied product is absolutely dry
- Clean any smudges with a cotton swab soaked in the solvent or with the appropriate pen
Step 5: At the end of your DIY manicure, put a little hydrating cuticle oil on the skin around the nails. And repeat the operation two or three times a week. In this article you will find the recipes to create it at home: in this way you will be sure to use a natural product, made by you and eco-friendly!
And you? What steps do you take for nail care at home? Is there any other advice you want to give that I haven’t listed here? As always, I invite you to try and wish you a good manicure!
Read also:How to do a homemade pedicure?