The French manicure is one of the most popular manicure techniques in the United States, where it was so named to evoke its “French” elegance. Today, we will talk about how to do a French manicure.
Our tips for a successful French manicure
To begin with, you should know that the French manicure must be performed on healthy nails. Indeed, if your nails have pathologies, this manicure technique is not recommended.
First thing to do: prepare your nail to receive the manicure. To do this, file your nails to give them a regular shape and so that they are all the same length, clean them and remove any grease stains. Then buff your nails and remove any residue before manicuring.
To perform a French manicure in the rules of the art, follow the following steps:
- Apply a base coat of transparent varnish on your nails.
- Apply a layer of nude or slightly colored nail polish on top.
- Apply a strip of opaque white varnish to the tip of the nail.
- Apply a layer of top coat to fix everything.
The French manicure can be suitable for all nail shapes:
- The rounded nail: this is the shape most often chosen by women because it is easier to maintain
- The oval nail: like the rounded shape, this shape is easy to maintain and gives more character to the nail
- The square nail: this is the easiest shape to obtain with a nail file
- The pointed nail: it is a more original shape but can sometimes get in the way